Wednesday, 23 September 2009

Vocab Update


I know at this age some kids are speaking fluently already so when I'm listing Layth's vocabulary and speech development, it's not coz I'm showing off but rather I'm relieved and fascinated that he's actually doing some "talking".

Anyways. 1. He can say some regular sentences now.
Nak men paseh (nak main pasir)
Nak badi bubble (nak mandi bubble)
Nak kaler payper (nak colour atas paper)
Nak benteng (nak painting)
Nak seeshore majeri dow (nak seesaw marjorie daw)
Mangah/Ummi/Baba carmawn! (C'mon!)

2. He can sing!
You should hear him in the car...comel sangat. He has (almost) memorised the dialogues in Cars the movie, Mickey mouse clubhouse, Horton hears a Who and I Look I See 2 (Yusuf Islam).

He can sing "the wheels on the bus", "upsy daisy don't be lazy", "tolaal badru alaina" and "I can see a rainbow", "hot dog song" and an arabic song which I don't know the title.

3. He is well branded.
He knows his merchandise! Now at the shop we have to avoid the "Cars" section and Mickey Mouse section. He knows the characters' names too! His favourite is Mack, the red truck. (Of course!)

4. He can speak on the phone! (If there's no one on the other line haha)
He would frequently act out telephone conversations which start with hello? and jibberish in the middle and then a firm and abrupt "Byyyyyye!"

Layth, the chef and waiter and his teddy bear picnic

Layth and his new garbage truck..
the yellow bin is automated to be dumped into the truck. Canggih! Harga pun canggih.
I wish I could buy him more toys.. tengok budak lain toys penuh satu bilik! Hmm tapi ada budak takde toys langsung kan. Isk isk.

5. He watches documentaries!
His favourite is "How It's Made" on Discovery Channel (Youtube). He likes watching how balloons, ice cream treats, hard candy, crayons are made. Naturally :p

No comments: