Layth in his PJs eating raya breakfast of "yarrloww narsee" (yellow nasi i.e. pulut). Then he had a leisurelybubble bath as mandi sunat hari raya
Layth's baju raya.. purple with red square patterns. Didn't have buttons so used Ummi's brooches instead :pHe actually posed voluntarily in this photo but still... no smile!!! Isk
rendang ayam, pulut kuning, multicoloured jelly with whipped cream and keropok ngehehe
Open "house" Wahyuna & Intan held at the park near their house;nice venue, nice food, nice weather and nice company :) Thanks peeps
Then we went home to take a nap! Penat seh!! But then dapat sms that some people wanted to come so spent the hour or two kemas dapur (!!!) and cooking up extra pulut kuning (I only cooked for us 3). We waited and waited but the people ended up not coming after all. Frust.
So it was nearly Maghrib when we finally got to the Eid festival in Broadmeadows. It was certainly bigger and grander than the previous years. More rides (but more expensive!). Layth wanted to ride a miniature train hee hee so I let my rear end suffer the small hard seat and bumpy ride to teman him naik train tu. Kahkah.
There was a live nasheed performance jugak. Sedap derang nyanyi lagu-lagu arab. Wanted to hold the big snakes at the snakes booth but there were so many kids creating havoc. Later we went there again and they didn't let people hold the snakes anymore. Maybe the kids were too rough. There was even a mobile farm i.e. mini petting zoo. Even a deer!!
So it was nearly Maghrib when we finally got to the Eid festival in Broadmeadows. It was certainly bigger and grander than the previous years. More rides (but more expensive!). Layth wanted to ride a miniature train hee hee so I let my rear end suffer the small hard seat and bumpy ride to teman him naik train tu. Kahkah.
There was a live nasheed performance jugak. Sedap derang nyanyi lagu-lagu arab. Wanted to hold the big snakes at the snakes booth but there were so many kids creating havoc. Later we went there again and they didn't let people hold the snakes anymore. Maybe the kids were too rough. There was even a mobile farm i.e. mini petting zoo. Even a deer!!
Layth was looking at the huge aeroplanes (which were low flying there)
Tomorrow: Self proclaimed holiday!!
Lessons today:
1. Muslims are great at masjids - nampak united
2. Muslims are not great at festivals - merokok sana sini (even females!) and don't know how to take turns or line up in a queue
3. I don't have many friends here and next year nearly all are gone
4. (Some) Malays are notoriously unreliable when it comes to promising and planning. Annoying tul.
5. I need a teapot, table cloth and some proper dishware. I am ill equipped to entertain! (Not that there's anyone to entertain anyway...
Lessons today:
1. Muslims are great at masjids - nampak united
2. Muslims are not great at festivals - merokok sana sini (even females!) and don't know how to take turns or line up in a queue
3. I don't have many friends here and next year nearly all are gone
4. (Some) Malays are notoriously unreliable when it comes to promising and planning. Annoying tul.
5. I need a teapot, table cloth and some proper dishware. I am ill equipped to entertain! (Not that there's anyone to entertain anyway...

No comments:
Post a Comment