Saturday, 23 January 2010

Our Saturday



I've got 7 days off now. Hubby is at work for the next 7 days, so it's just me, Layth and the house. Lots of laundry to be done! And my garden needs weeding.

Now that we are more or less settled, I can do regular activities with Layth again.

We went to the local library and joined up. My my what a humongous library it is. Very exciting! And it stocks my favourite Agatha Christie's books that I haven't read yet. Yehooo.

I got Layth into Little Fins Book Club for free because I joined him up for the library too. He got a free library bag and his own library card.

There's lots of choices at the library. Besides books there are all manners of magazines, audio books, DVDs and CDs. Layth borrowed ten books and a DVD of kids' shows. He chose the books himself and sat down in one of the beanie bags at the library to "read" them.

Then we went to the shopping centre. This is a whole trip in itself. He likes pressing the buttons of the lift, going to the kiddie toilet (mini jamban) or just pushing the shopping trolley. On the way to Kmart we stopped by the pet store to look at the animals. Ended up staying there for about half an hour because he didn't want to stop looking at the puppies, rabbits, mice and birds!!

At Kmart, I bought him more craft material (I can't find the old box - mesti terbuang masa pindah hari tu) and when we went home, he got started right away!


From بيت أم الليث

Okay this is how we put glue on the pom pom

From بيت أم الليث
Then we stick it on!

Next thing to explore: the local swimming pool!

3 comments:

Ummu Umar said...

enjoy the reading adventure!!nak library best kat sini gak..huhu..we all selalu spend time kat mana tau..mph!!sebagai ganti library. samai salesperson situ pun dah kenal kitorg..hehehe

IKHWANI said...

*excited*

bestnya library ada macam-macam!!!! Kat sini the books in the library mostly sooo outdated!! but we went anyway every 3 weeks (tempoh pinjam = 3 weeks). I want my kids dibiasakan dgn library culture, how to borrow, how to find books and most importantly, the must know where to look for FREE books & of course the habit of reading la kan..

I feel that jutawan2 malaysia ni patut sangat2 invest on our local library..sedih la tengok.

it's good for you to have layth introduced/get started with crafty things! It will help him tremendously. Makes his right brain stimulated..without the right brain, all the facts pun tak guna..go go layth!

أم الليث said...

Ana- library tempat ni lagi best dari coburg punya hee hee. tu la..sedih kan keadaan library kat msia. sebab takde culture membaca sgt kot...jadinya macam takde demand. huhu. hehe kitorg pun masa duk coburg selalu lepak kat borders sbb coburg library tak bnyk choice.

K Wani- actually the government la should invest in the libraries. it is their responsibility. tax money should be used for these purposes not another tall building or extravagant projects. the library culture is good.. shows also that we don't need to spend much money to read lots of books. naya la kalau asyik kene beli aje buku!!
Ummi Layth pun prektis right brain kene memikir craft ideas. nasib baik ZAN ada menghulurkan ideas heeheh. kalau kak wani ada suggestion, dialu-alukan jugak!