Tuesday, 12 January 2010

Layth's Busy Day


Layth went to Kindergarten today!
It was only orientation so I went with him for about 2 hours. He is extremely shy (or scared?) of other kids and the caregivers there (except the headmistress Susie).

He played with trains, cars and the balls. After a while, I left the room to sit in the foyer and the carer (Mandy) held him so that he would stay with the group of kids listening to a story. Tahan 15 minit aje kot pas tu jerit "Ummi! Ummi!" and wriggled his way out of Mandy's arms. Sabar aje la Layth nih.

Despite that, he cried buckets when we left the centre and kept saying "Jumpa fren! Jumpa fren! Gi skool!" and didn't want to go home. Funny guy. I told him, "Layth yang nak ikut Ummi sangat. Ummi nak balik rumah. Layth balik rumah jugak la". So now he knows what "skool" is and keeps hinting when will we go again.

Then in the afternoon we went to see the Maternal & Child Health Nurse nearby. Dah lama tak jumpa our old one in Coburg and since we moved, jumpa yang kat sini aje la terus. We discussed development and behaviour and he was weighed and measured for height. I was reassured that reading at this age is unusual so Layth is pretty normal that he can't read yet. She taught me a few ways to manage Layth's behaviour (and mine? Reduce the yelling hehe).

Then for being a good boy, I promised him we'd go to the playground...and a massive playground it was! Only 5 minutes drive away. En route I found the neighbourhood's aquatic centre...lerrr dekat je! Takde alasan la tak gi..selain malas. Hehe.


Fireman Layth to the rescue!



Flying fox! Woo hoo! Ummi pun tumpang naik jugak



Vrooooooom



Finally, tengok jugak camera!

Tomorrow is my orientation pulak. I've been busy cooking for today, Layth's lunch for tomorrow and dinner tonight and tomorrow coz Marlina & Faiz will be sleeping over for 3 days/nights. Marlina will be babysitting Layth for the next 3 days while hubby and I attend (paid!) orientation for 3 days.

2 comments:

Ummu Umar said...

yeay layth dah gi skolah!bravo layth!

p/s:ana dok cari link blog alia..terhilang hr tuh..i link your blog to mine yeah..permission please:)

أم الليث said...

sure no problemo