
We (us 3 and Intan & her mom) had intended to go to Lake Mountain (2hours drive away) but it didn't have any more snow!!! So we had to change our plans last minute to go to Mount Buller instead. Mount Buller is 3.5 hours drive away and it takes 45 more minutes to drive up the mountain.
I actually had trouble sleeping the night before. I was quite anxious because I know the trip up the mountain is very dangerous. I was scared to drive actually but since I know the way, I thought I should drive to save everyone else the trouble. It was raining cats and dogs on our way there and up the mountain ride it was very very foggy (visibility 1-2 metres!). I was gripping the steering wheel very very tightly!! Alhamdulillah got up there safely.
It was raining and winds whipping here and there when we got there. So we ate lunch and tried to find a toilet but took wudhu' from a water bottle instead. After praying Layth bewak la plak.. lama giler nak tukar nappy dia sebab kena tanggal layers and layers of clothing and put them all back on again!!
It was 1.45 by the time we actually got to the place which had snow. But by 2.30pm we were on our way back to the car!! Hahahaha. Reasons:
1. It was windy and foggy so the ski chairlifts were closed.. tak dapat la nak naik.
2. It was so foggy that you couldn't see any scenery at all - not much photo opportunities
3. We left the bag with extra clothes in the locker so when Layth's wellington boots filled with ice and his gloves were soaking wet, we had to go back to the lockers (jauh okay) coz he'd get frostbite
wet...must have been quite painful!?!?!

This is how it would look like on a fine day. Unfortunately for Amirah, she didn't get to see it like this
Maybe next time.
Maybe next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment